Fence - Iron,Patio,Fence - Private,Porch - Wrap-Around,Balcony
The Governor's House Inn, also known as the Laurens-Rutledge House, was built in 1760 by James Laurens in the Georgian style, and sits on nearly 1/2 an acre just outside the original walled city, on the site of the former Charleston Orange Garden. Though it has been altered and added onto since construction, this grand double house boasting Greek Revival wrap around piazzas is a Category 3 House and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places for it's association with Edward Rutledge, signer of the Declaration of Independence, who purchased the home in 1788. Although the property could easily be used as a spectacular single-family home, the mansion and kitchen house is now used as an 11-room historic Inn with an Innkeepers studio, with the city allowing for up to 14 rooms.
Handsome Properties, Inc.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity SM Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. All of the information provided by Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.